Inner Circle Forums
Portions of the Undoctored Inner Circle Member Forum and its vast wealth of knowledge, are available only to our Members.
Becoming an Inner Circle Member will allow you to post topics, ask Dr. Davis questions, and view all replies.

ZRT saliva Testosterone, Estradiol testing

Member Forum >> UnKnown >> ZRT saliva Testosterone, Estradiol testing

Posts Contributed: 547
Recommends Recd: 1
Ignores Issued: 0
Likes Recd: 0

I have been on 50 mg testosterone gel applied to my upper arm daily since 1/6/13 and 25 mg before that for some months.  Last June before taking any testosterone I had a ZRT saliva done that showed 
Estradiol  1.3 pg/ml and testosterone  45 pg/m.  I believe that this is free testosterone, both from the value and from talking to a ZRT person.

This June 12 I did another such test.  The results Estradiol still 1.3 and testosterone 210, very high.  From the article here:

zrtlab.com-Testosterone_elixir_or_dangerous_drug.pdf

I presumed that I would see both Estradiol and Testosterone would be high.  What does this mean?  ZRT conclusion was that my dosage was high.  Here is their complete report.  Note the conclusion.  I can't remember if I actually stopped dosing four days before the test.  I don't think so, but I must have indicated that on the paper work.  I do remember being very careful about not transferring any gel to my face in any way for several days according to instructions, but no stopping entirely.  I don't think that affects the conclusion, though if I really did stop the result might be lower than it would have been.

SRTSalivaTestosterone.pdf  (Disregard my misnaming the file, please.)

For comparison here is the year-ago report:

Saliva Tests 6_6_2012.PDF

I'm looking for what to do next.  First I am going to  reduce my testosterone dose to 10 mg a day, easily done, at least until my Dr. gets back from vacation.  I don't expect him to reply until then.  Any other suggestions.  If I stay on the lower dose, then I would do another test in a month or so.
Tags:

Posts Contributed: 2256
Recommends Recd: 9

I don't know much about saliva hormone testing. The Adrenal Forum thinks that saliva testing for the initial test is fine, but that once on hormones you get more accurate results by testing serum. I'm sorry I don't know any more than that.
Tags:

HeartHawk

No Avatar
STAFF

Posts Contributed: 4721
Recommends Recd: 16

Reply Content Hidden!

Post replies longer than 250 characters are restricted to Full Access Members (make certain you are logged-in!).

Tags: Saliva test,Testosterone

Reply Content Hidden!

Post replies longer than 250 characters are restricted to Full Access Members (make certain you are logged-in!).

Tags:

Posts Contributed: 892
Recommends Recd: 3
Ignores Issued: 1

Reply Content Hidden!

Tags:

HeartHawk

No Avatar
STAFF

Posts Contributed: 4721
Recommends Recd: 16

Reply Content Hidden!

Tags: Testosterone

Reply Content Hidden!

Tags:

Posts Contributed: 560
Recommends Recd: 2

Thank you for the link.  I just went to the doctor yesterday and he wants me to do the ZRT saliva  hormone test.

Marilyn
Tags:

Reply Content Hidden!

Tags:

Reply Content Hidden!

Tags:

Reply Content Hidden!

Tags:

I see your point.
Tags: