Inner Circle Forums
Portions of the Undoctored Inner Circle Member Forum and its vast wealth of knowledge, are available only to our Members.
Becoming an Inner Circle Member will allow you to post topics, ask Dr. Davis questions, and view all replies.

Cortisol test question

Member Forum >> UnKnown >> Cortisol test question

FCT

No Avatar
Posts Contributed: 2033
Recommends Recd: 4
Ignores Issued: 2
Likes Recd: 0

I have decided to not change my insurance. My reason is I would have to pay $2200 before I would start getting 40% back each year to go out of network on my own.

I went to see Dr. Sorry today and this will be his last month for pretty much doing nothing for my war on plaque. I do not know who my next Dr. is but I don't know how I can do much worse. I had to call him back today as I thought he forgot my cortisol test. I thought it was a saliva test, and the nurse said it was a blood test. I have a feeling like the lipid, and thyroid tests, this one is going to be worthless too.

What is the TYP opinion on a blood versus a saliva test for testing the adrenals?

Is there one company that does all the blood tests that you would recommend?

The tests I want to do is;
VAP again
thyroid panel,
cortisol
homocysteine
(creatine) if I spelled right,
and any other recommendations for CAD

Curious,

Does anyone have problems with the nurse finding veins? What are the reasons for this? When they finally find one in the hand, it runs dry.
Maybe it is just harder to draw wax.....LOL

Tags:

Posts Contributed: 7038
Recommends Recd: 13
Ignores Issued: 0

Reply Content Hidden!

Post replies longer than 250 characters are restricted to Full Access Members (make certain you are logged-in!).

Tags:

Reply Content Hidden!

Post replies longer than 250 characters are restricted to Full Access Members (make certain you are logged-in!).

Tags: Cortisol Salivia test

LCL

No Avatar
Posts Contributed: 5894
Recommends Recd: 14

I've had several kinds of cortisol tests: blood, 24-hour urine, and saliva.  They all tell you different things.  The saliva test is useful in that it tells you what your pattern of cortisol levels are though the day.

Linda

Tags:

FCT

No Avatar
Posts Contributed: 2033
Recommends Recd: 4
Ignores Issued: 2

Reply Content Hidden!

Tags:

Posts Contributed: 519
Recommends Recd: 2

Reply Content Hidden!

Tags:

Posts Contributed: 2184
Recommends Recd: 6
Ignores Issued: 1

You can drink water prior to fadting bloodwork and its harder to draw wax hmmm blood out if not drinking. I was told fow women saliva is more accurate?
Tags:

Posts Contributed: 2256
Recommends Recd: 9

Reply Content Hidden!

Thanks Hopscotch
I'll consider that.

HB

Reply Content Hidden!

Tags: Vagus Cortisol relaxation