Sourced from: DrDavisInfiniteHealth on Instagram,
authored by Dr. Davis,
original posting date there: 2022-06-19
Blog Recipes Index
Salmon with Avocado Lime Sauce
Dress up your salmon with a sauce that offers anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties.
- 1 avocado, pulp removed
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (fresh or bottled)
- 2 tablespoons onion, minced
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground ginger, or ½ teaspoon dried ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil or butter
- 2 8-ounce salmon filets
In a blender, combine the pulp of one avocado with 3 tablespoons of olive oil and lime juice, onion, cilantro, ginger, coriander, vinegar, and salt and blend until smooth. Set aside. Season both sides of the salmon with salt and pepper to taste. In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of oil over medium-high heat. Place salmon filets, skin side up, in the oil and cook for 4–5 minutes. Flip the salmon and cook for an additional 4–5 minutes.
Serve the salmon topped with the avocado lime sauce.